- To increase the membership of the
Association through a membership drive campaign.
- To actively promote the presence and
representation of the Association in the Malaysian cable and
wire industry through constant liaison and meetings with the
relevant officials of the specific Ministries, government
agencies and authorities, customer (TNB/TMB), and Press
- To participate in conferences/forum organised by the
Government in relation to plans/strategies or any other
matters concerning the development of the local cable and
- To promote the products of the members of the Association
under the Buy Malaysian Campaign - conduct seminars on range
of products; usage and technical aspects (including quality)
of product; competitiveness of products; and services
provided by members to user/buyer groups like utility
companies, contractors, wholesalers, etc. This should
include new/variant products developed by members.
- To organise and/or participate in overseas trade missions
for potential export market of members' products and/or for
members' investments plan.
- To participate in any National Standards bodies to help set
of influence both National and Regional Standards.
- To keep the membership aware of the possible impact of AFTA
on the industry and to ensure the Government is informed of
any possible damages.
- To provide a forum for the Malaysian cable and wire industry
to meet and to discuss the common issues facing all members,
e.g. overcapacity, activities of TNB in cable making, import